Croakies Shade Dock Visor Clip
Croakies Shade Dock Visor Clip
Usually ships in 1 business days|
Car Visor/Air Vent device designed for single handed and secure placement of your eyewear while in your car.
& eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.
|Package Length:||6.25 inches|
|Package Width:||2.25 inches|
|Package Height:||2.0 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.05 pounds|
|Average Customer Rating:|| based on 183 reviews|
60% Plastic 25% Metal 15% Plastic
Simple one handed operation.
Hand Wash, Air Dry, No Bleach
Made in USA
|Average Customer Review: ( 183 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
38 of 40 found the following review helpful:
Well made in USA - Pleasure to use. Apr 28, 2010
The best visor sunglass clip that I have used, period. Well made and robust. Unlike cheap clips that attempt to hold sunglasses between pieces of cheap foam, Croakies uses high-quality rubberized foam and molded plastic.
This product is made in the good old USA and the pride of workmanship shows in carefully contoured shapes and materials. What a pleasant surprise to find an originally-designed, made in USA product in the midst of a sea of cheap plastic knock-offs coming from you-know-where? This product costs a couple bucks more, but it will be much more rewarding to use and will last longer.
Did I mention it is MADE IN USA? Sweet!!!
24 of 25 found the following review helpful:
Work great! May 17, 2010
By Ryan Coutant
After my last pair of shades got scratched from sitting in my center console I knew there had to be a better way. I was going to get the cheap-o glass clips but was a little worried by people recommending the 5-pack due to easy-breakability.
This clip is great though! Holds my Ray Ban Wayfarers firmly in place by clipping onto the folded "temples" (apparently that's what the side parts are that go on your ears are called). Feels like you could pull them out one handed but I prefer to lift the clip and pull them out with two hands to prevent unnecessary wear. It is smooth plastic but you never know if some particle in there could cause a scratch.
Also comes with an AC vent clip but I don't use it.
21 of 22 found the following review helpful:
Best ever Jul 22, 2010
By James Johnston
This product is by far the best sunglass holder I have owned. I have gone through a dozen or more of those snap type visor holders and they just don't last and were hard to snap shut. This design is so simple and easier to use. You can tell by the design this product will last as there is no snapping shut or major pressure needed to secure glasses. I would highly recommend this product for a visor sunglass holder.
12 of 14 found the following review helpful:
Drive and Grab Your Shades! Nov 30, 2011
By J. Price
I love the shade clip. The design is simple but effective.
- You can grab your sunglasses down from the visor with one hand. There isn't any release button to unclip anything. You just pull with a slight bit of force and they're free. The same goes for stowing them when they're done.
- The simplicity of the design means that the clip is hard to break, and chances of it wearing out are minimal.
- The recess for the sunglasses holds them just securely enough that you don't have to worry about them falling out and hitting you in the face. But it's not so tight that it takes concentration and attention away from driving to retrieve them.
- The metal frame that attaches to the visor is like a vice. Once it's forced onto the visor, it won't move.
- The price is negligible when compared to how much you will use this product.
- For those of us that have mirrors built into the visor, you get a mirror or a sunglass clip, but there isn't much room on the visor for both. If you slide this on, it can keep you from being able to open up the mirror compartment on the visor. Either way, this doesn't significantly inconvenience me.
- After having tried a whole range of products to hold/store sunglasses in my car, this product has proved to be the most effective and convenient design. I would unequivocally recommend it.
4 of 4 found the following review helpful:
Well made but not ideal for all glasses Aug 30, 2012
By D. Hackett
I bought two of these to hold sunglasses in my car. They are well constructed and work fine with most thick-framed glasses. However, if your sunglasses have thin metal frames, they tend to slide around a lot. The metal frames will stay put, but rattle. I have used snap down types with padded clamps and feel they work better. I would have prefered these to have the same padding inside the cradle as well. They work fine for Wayfarer styles but there is better out there.
Having worked with this mount for several months now, I have lowered its rating to one star. It does a bad job with wire framed glasses and is not very secure with larger frames. I do not know how many times I have knocked my glasses loose while reaching to adjust the visor. It is not secure, not easy to use and not well designed. I thought I might have missed installing a piece that would correct the problem, but after checking the manufactures website manual, I found it is correctly installed.
So, to summarize, it sucks. Go with one of the well padded, clamp-style clips, They are inexpensive and much, much better.
See all 183 customer reviews on Amazon.com
You may also like ...